I’m taking Heads and Hands this semester, and this was my first week of class. Out of the first assignments, this was the only portrait that came out any good, and so here it is. Drawing the human head is really tricky, it turns out, so it is great to have a whole semester to work on getting it down better. I can see the appeal of just being an academic artist, drawing people over and over, every day, just because you notice how very different we all are. One of the things I’ll need to work on is getting a fuller range of values. This drawing is a bit on the light side.
- FAR WARS
- Improve-a-Sketch: Floating Tentacles Edition
- The Weirdest Things in ‘The Garden of Earthly Delights’
- Improve-a-Sketch: Lincoln Unicorn and Octo-Cat Edition
- Back to Work at the Worm Ranch
- Flailing in the Kitchen
- Sketchbook Time
- The Next Adam Sandler Movie
- A Walk in the Park
- WITCHER 3 COMICS
- The Drunk, Left-Handed Cat Challenge!
- The Topography of the Moon, Explained
- I Met a Turtle
- A Tale of Two Kitties
- I Graduated Art School, Thank the Gods.
- Happy Halloween! This Came Out Scarier Than I Thought It Would
- Krang Roast